The Singapore Swimming Proficiency Awards (also known as SSPA) is
an award structure based on a swimmer’s ability to swim any of the four recognised strokes in compliance with FINA
rules for competitive swimming.
OBJECTIVES OF SSPA (The Singapore Swimming
1. To provide the progression for swimming after Swim
2. To raise the level of swimming proficiency of swimmers
3. To provide a talent pool for the next generation of Singapore
4. To increase the level of technical expertise among our swimming
* All strokes are to be swum in compliance with FINA rules for competitive swimming
A total of 20 certificates and badges can be attained if the
swimmer completes all the level. Swimmer may wish to challenge himself or herself by attempting any
particular level of swim test.
In completion of level 1, 2 or 3, the swimmer has an option to purchase a rainbow
certificate and badge.
+ SwimSafer Stage
+ SSC Learn to Swim Program
+ SSA Time Trial